EHS dean search scheduled for 2019-20 academic year
The search for the next dean of the College of Education and Human Services will begin during the 2019-20 academic year.
The search is not being delayed, it is scheduled for a time that is appropriate to the needs of EHS, according to University Communications.
“At this time, there is a need for stability in leadership as we work to resolve the areas where there was no final recommendation from Committee I (stemming from the Academic Organizational Review),” said Special Assistant to the Provost Jon Humiston.
The recommendations in the Academic Organizational Review were:
- Divide Department of Human Environmental Studies into three departments: Department of Fashion, Interior Design and Merchandising, Department of Human Development and Family Studies, and Department of Food and Nutrition.
- Move Department of Food and Nutrition to the College of Health Professions.
- Move Gerontology faculty to the School of Health Sciences in CHP.
- Create a Center for Administration and Leadership Studies.
Other possible changes from the review include:
- Redefine the Professional Education Unit (PEU)
- Consider splitting the Department of Counseling and Special Education
- Consider dividing the Department of Educational Leadership
Interim Dean of CEHS, Elizabeth Kirby, replaced Dale-Elizabeth Pehrsson, who was appointed president of Clarion University of Pennsylvania.