Collection of events aims to improve student's life skills

screen-shot-2018-10-02-at-5-09-36-pm

Students will have a chance to improve life skills with a series of events grouped under the name, The Launch Project.

The Launch Project is a collection of one-hour events intended to help students develop skills, like stress management, communication, and decision making. Each event will take place in Kulhavi Residence Hall, room 142, from 3:30 to 4:30 pm. Each session is free to attend.

The project was organized by the Care Advocates, the mental-health professionals from Office of Residence Life. Whitney Brooks-Huntoon, one of the Care Advocates, said she hopes students will grow by learning new skills.

“Students will learn more about the topic, (and) have an opportunity to discuss some areas they noticed they need work on,” Brooks-Huntoon said. “Then (they can) be provided with various strategies to strengthen their ability to handle those concerns.”

There will be six different events with each of them happening twice within a week. 

The list of events are listed below:

• Oct. 9, 10 Text and Tinder: Communication & relationships. 
Practice assertive dialogue and learn ways to strengthen relationships by communicating more effectively. 
  • Oct. 16, 17 Try, Fail Grow: Resilency
Talk about how failure happens and explore how to bounce back from hardships and disappointments.
  • Oct. 23, 24 Live Your Values: Decision making & finding direction
Explore personal values, understand your behaviors and define a plan to make the best version of you. 
  • Oct. 30, 31 Line in the Sand: Boundary setting
Delve into the difference between being selfish and being self-aware.
  • Nov. 6, 7 Self-care: Get some!: Stress Management I
  • Nov. 13, 14 DIY Zen: Stress management II