Two new nutrition clubs open in Mount Pleasant

23473154_10155074765111245_1455761815380477123_n
Herbalife shakes

Imagine a real-life Willy Wonka three course dinner chewing gum, but in the form of a low-calorie tea and shake drink that provides a meals-worth of nutrients.

Two new Mount Pleasant nutrition clubs offer just that. 

Mid Mitten Nutrition, located at 1620 S. Mission St., suite P, hosted its grand opening Nov. 2. The nutrition club is owned by business partners Danielle Wright and Brandon Beatty. 

Wright and Beatty are both nutrition coaches for a company called Herbalife Nutrition. According to its website, Herbalife offers a variety of products including tea mixes and milkshakes that provide a boost of energy and the same amount of nutrition as a well-balanced meal. 

Wright and Beatty are distributors of the Herbalife product and said they made it their goal to help their clients feel good about themselves, helping them to become healthier individuals. 

“As coaches, we could be working from anywhere,” Wright said. “Brandon and I worked from our homes for a while but realized that we can't let our clients into our house to work with them, but we wanted to really connect more with our clients and with the people who will come into the club.”

Mid Mitten Nutrition has a staff of eight Herbalife coaches who will work with clients and customers to help them pick out drinks. 

Brandon Beatty and Danielle Wright pose for a picture on Oct. 29 in their brand new Herbalife nutrition center, Mid Mitten Nutrition.

“Any customers who want to become healthier can come in and talk to us and ask us what Herbalife is about,” Beatty said. “We have a wellness evaluation room where the coaches can meet with their clients to see how they’re doing while using Herbalife.” 

Not five minutes down the road, a similar nutrition club, Mount Pleasant Nutrition, just opened with a similar goal. 

Located at 1639 E. Broomfield St. in the Broomfield Mall, MP Nutrition is a small nutrition club owned by Chelsea Gettings, who also serves Herbalife teas and shakes. MP Nutrition had its grand opening on Oct. 27.

Gettings said she started as a Herbalife coach five years ago after adding the product to her diet to get healthier. 

“I loved the way that I felt while taking these products and I wanted to help other people feel that way too,” she said. 

Along with serving customers nutritious drinks that taste like milkshakes, Gettings also wanted to make sure that the customers felt comfortable walking into the club. 

Chelsea Gettings, owner of Mount Pleasant Nutrition makes a Herbalife shake on Nov. 1.

“I wanted to go for a very home-like vibe,” she said. “I bought the long wood tables so people can chat and get to know other customers and I wanted them to be comfortable coming here.”

Both nutrition clubs offer a large variety of shake and tea flavors. The Herbalife recipe book that each club has, contains over 100 recipes but the clubs' menus only offer around 80 recipes.

“My favorite flavor that we have is the cinnamon toast crunch,” Beatty said. 

Similarly, Gettings said her favorite flavor is "definitely" sugar cookie. 

When customers walk into either shop they choose a tea, which acts as a metabolism booster and then a shake made from Herbalife powder. 

“Usually when you go to a restaurant you get the drink and the meal,” Gettings said. “This is very much like that.” 

For those who have alternative diets and need accommodations like gluten-free or vegan, both clubs offer mostly gluten-free shakes and some shakes are vegan-friendly. However, the powder used in the shake contains milk protein, which is a type of protein that is derived from filtered milk and formed by whey proteins. All the teas are gluten-free and vegan.

Gettings, Beatty and Wright all said they believe their prices fit into a college student’s budget. Both clubs offer a tea and a shake for around $8. 

“Going to Wendy’s, a meal is $7.59, and it’s $8 here,” Wright said. “I hate to compare, but at Wendy’s you won’t get the nutrients that you need. So, to me our drinks are pretty college-budget friendly.”

Both clubs invite members of the Mount Pleasant community to stop in to try the drinks and the Herbalife product. 

Both nutrition clubs are open 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday and 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.