Pie a Professional to raise money for Isabella Community Soup Kitchen

soup_kitchen

Volunteers serve the midday meal to patrons on December 5 at the Isabella Community Soup Kitchen.

"Pie A Professional" gives students the opportunity to pie a variety of Central Michigan University professionals and donate to charity.

Students will have the opportunity to Pie A Professional 6:30-8:30 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 8 in Finch Fieldhouse room 113.

Recreation, parks and leisure services administration 430 requires students to team up and plan an event that raises money for a charity.

“We thought Pie A Professional would be fun and easy, as well as something people would want to do,” said Plymouth junior Casey Boyle.

Boyle’s group includes sophomores Kaitlyn Coons and Brianna Morris, and juniors Jamie Decker and Danielle Wagner.

The cost to participate is $1 or a nonperishable food item per pie. A mystery pie with a mixture of unknown foods will also be offered for $5.

“We want to raise at least $300,” Boyle said. “We also want at least 300 people attend the event.”

The proceeds will be donated to the Isabella Community Soup Kitchen.

The professionals will be presented in four different rounds throughout the night.

Round one, 6:30-7 p.m., will feature Shannon Joliff-Dettore, director of the Office of LGBTQ and Gender Equity Programs, Brooke Oliver-Hempenstall, director of Sexual Aggression Services, Bill O’Dell, residence hall director of Carey and Kulhavi and Molly Schuneman, assistant director for Fraternity and Sorority life.

Round two, 7-7:30 p.m., includes Schuneman again, Tim Otteman, recreation, parks and leisure services administration faculty member, Mary St. John, president of Residence Hall Assembly and Travell Oakes, graduate assistant in the Leadership Institute.

Round three, 7:30-8:30 p.m., will include Doug Kenderick, assistant director of Residence Life, Lyndi Rose, vice president of Student Government Association, Alysa Lucas, communication faculty member and Steely Pegg, residence hall director for Fabiano and Celani Halls.

Round four, 8-8:30 p.m., will feature Jake Hendricks, president of Student Government Association, Luanne Goffnett, residence hall director of Robinson and Barnes Halls and Eric Brookins, custodian at Central Michigan University.

The event is sponsored by the department of recreation, park and leisure services administration.

The event is open to the public.

For more information, email boyle1c@cmich.edu