Free Slice Day at Bell's Greek Pizza to begin on Monday

pizza-386717_1920

Bell's Greek Pizza will begin to serve a free slice of pizza on the first Monday of each month beginning today.

The business was founded in 1967 in Massachusetts. It moved to Michigan in 1972 with a location near Michigan State University. Bell's started bringing 'Free Slice Day' back when they moved to Michigan. Its Mount Pleasant location opened in October.

"We are a community-oriented business," part owner Pano Bell said. "We like to have the contact with the community."

The Bells understand customers may be nervous to try new foods, so Free Slice Day offers customers an opportunity to try the pizza with no risk. Bell's offers many different styles of slices on Free Slice Day so customers have a wide variety of choices. Free slices are available from 11 a.m. until 4 a.m.

"Free Slice Day was our first advertisement we had when we moved," said Tula Bell, part owner and co-founder of the pizzeria. "It gets them in the door to try it."

The Bells are very happy with business so far in Mount Pleasant after opening just months ago. The family values the community and the relationship it is developing with the community. And Mount Pleasant hasn't disappointed. 

"A lot of the locals came out and tried us out on the day we opened," Pano said. "Now we are starting to get out to the students and every week we are getting more student business. The kids up here a nice too, they have fun, but they remain respectful."

The Bell's try their best to accommodate customers. They will change ingredients and make the food the way the customer requests it. Lake Orion senior Spencer Roberts said he recommends Bell's and suggests that people try them at least once. 

"The ownership is awesome," Roberts said. "The people are always smiling and the pizza is amazing."

Bell's has also used Free Slice Day as a fundraising opportunity with non-profit organizations. 

"[Free Slice Day] is a way to show appreciation to our customers who come out and support us on the other days," Pano said.