Reyna Frost named MAC West Division Player of the Week

0f4a2212
Senior forward Reyna Frost makes an two-pointer against Louisville on Dec. 20 at McGuirk Arena.

Reyna Frost, a senior forward for the Central Michigan women's basketball team has been named the Mid-American Conference West Division Player of the Week. 

This is the fifth time Frost has been named MAC West Player of the Week this season.

The senior continued her dominance inside for the Chippewas, posting double-doubles in both games. She started the week with 20 points and 14 rebounds in a 62-59 loss at Toledo. Frost followed that performance with 26 points and 14 rebounds, helping her team bounce back in a 71-61 win over Eastern Michigan.

Frost now has 16 double-doubles this season, which places her third nationally behind Iowa’s Megan Gustafson and California’s Kristine Anigwe, who each have 19. 

In the MAC this season, Frost is averaging 19 points per game while shooting nearly 53 percent from the field. Her scoring total is good for 4thin the conference, while she leads the conference in rebounding with 12.2 per game.

The Chippewas now boast a record of 14-5 overall, including a MAC West leading 5-2 in conference play. Frost will look to continue her dominance as the Chippewas travel to Bowling Green (7-11, 0-7 MAC) for a battle on Wednesday (7 p.m.,) followed by a big-time matchup with Buffalo (14-4, 6-1 MAC) on Saturday at McGuirk Arena.