Beatles cover band The Liverpool Experience coming to Broadway Theatre

liverpool-expirience

The Liverpool Experience, a Beatles cover band, will be performing at the Broadway Theatre on Saturday, Feb. 9. 

The Liverpool Experience, a cover band which mirrors The Beatles, will be playing at 6 p.m. Saturday Feb. 9 at the Broadway Theatre.

The band will be celebrating the 55th anniversary of The Beatles' 1964 performance on "The Ed Sullivan Show.” 

This is a fundraising event to benefit the Broadway Theatre, located at 216 E Broadway St. in downtown Mount Pleasant. It has been open since 1929 and still hosts classic films, musical acts and local theatre productions. 

The “Friends of Broadway” program is dedicated to preserving the historic space and providing a venue for community affairs. 

According to the band’s Facebook page, The Liverpool Experience performs "timeless Beatles hits along with lesser known fan favorites." While the band uses authentic Beatles gear and equipment and even wears the famous Beatles shoes, they are not a look-a-like tribute. Rather, the band focuses on capturing the sound, energy and history of The Beatles. 

The Crusin’ Chef Food Truck will be selling concessions at the venue between 4-8 p.m. The menu will feature items such as cheeseburgers, pulled pork sandwiches, nachos and corndogs. 

Attendees can order their tickets in advance for $10 by visiting the Friends of Broadway website or buy them at the door the night of the show.