Reyna Frost wins fourth consecutive MAC West Player of the Week

wbb-vs-buffalo07
Senior forward Reyna Frost waits to take a free throw against Buffalo on Feb. 2 in McGuirk Arena.

Central Michigan's Reyna Frost has won the Mid-American Conference West Division Player of the Week honor, again. 

The senior forward has been honored four straight weeks and eight overall this season. That ties Crystal Bradford, who won eight MAC West Player of the Week honors before being named the MAC Player of the Year in 2013-14. 

Frost led the Chippewas to road victories over Western Michigan Feb. 13 and Buffalo Feb. 16 by averaging 28 points and 17 rebounds. 

She scored a career high 33 points and grabbed 20 rebounds in CMU's 87-53 win against the Broncos and put up a 23-point and 14-rebound showing in the 100-95 Chippewa victory at Buffalo. 

The Reese native has seven straight double-doubles and ranks third in the country with 21 this season. She averages 20.5 points and 13.2 rebounds per game. 

As for the MAC East Division, Bowling Green's Andrea Cecil earned the weekly award. The junior forward from Oak Harbor, Ohio averaged 21.5 points and 6.5 rebounds per contest in wins against UB and Kent State.

CMU leads the MAC West at 9-3 and hits the road to Bowling Green for a makeup game on at 7 p.m. on Feb. 20.