Davies to be formally installed as CMU's 15th president on March 19

0f4a8402
CMU's president-elect Robert O. Davies smiles as he walks through campus on Aug. 3 at Central Michigan University.

After over six months at the university, President Robert Davies will finally be installed as Central Michigan University's 15th president on March 19. 

The CMU Board of Trustees will hold an investiture ceremony to officially install the president and present him with the university medallion at 2 p.m. on Tuesday in Plachta Auditorium of Warriner Hall. A reception will follow immediately after the ceremony from 3:30-5 p.m. in the Grawn Hall Atrium. 

The ceremony and reception are open to the university and surrounding community. 

The investiture of a university president is a long-established tradition that serves as a formal induction into office and serves as an opportunity to welcome and celebrate a new era as a community, according to the President's office webpage. 

“President Davies will be honored and humbled to formally accept the responsibility as Central Michigan University’s 15th president," said Mary Jane Flanagan, executive assistant to Davies secretary to the Board of Trustees. "Investiture ceremonies are not about the person wearing the presidential medallion. They are about the university and our values, goals and aspirations as a university community.”

Davies was appointed by the CMU Board of Trustees on Aug. 3, 2018, and he began his tenure Sept. 1. 

All university deans and faculty members are invited to participate in the investiture ceremony, either as members of the ceremony procession or as a member of the audience. Those who wish to participate in the ceremony procession must sign up by contacting Kyle Pybus-Jerome, ceremonies and events coordinator, at pybus1kc@cmich.edu.

A live video stream will begin at the start time of the ceremony, available for viewing on the President's Office website