City Parks and Recreation to hold Great Egg Scramble April 13

Kids grab candy during CFX 95.3 and Mount Pleasant Parks and Rec's Great Egg Scramble presented by Chevrolet at Finch Field House on March 24.

Mount Pleasant Parks and Recreation is hosting the annual Great Egg Scramble and Teen Flashlight Egg Hunt for township youth April 13 and 14 at Morey Courts. 

Ages 2-10 will be divided by age group for the Great Egg Scramble. The children will seek eggs filled with candy, toys and other goodies, according to a press release from the City of Mount Pleasant. Other festivities include games, crafts and a visit from Peter Cottontail. 

Scramble times are scheduled by age group: Ages 2-3 at 1 p.m., ages 4-5 at 2 p.m., ages 6-7 at 2:35 p.m., and ages 8-10 at 3:05 p.m. 

Children are encouraged to bring nonperishable canned food items which will be collected to support the Isabella Community Soup Kitchen. 

Armed with a flashlight, Teen Flashlight Egg Hunt participants will search for eggs filled with prizes and gift cards for food, music and movie passes. A grand prize will be awarded to the winner. This event starts at 8:30 p.m. April 14. 

Both events are free and open to the public. For more information, call (989) 779-5330 or visit the Parks and Recreation website