'Maroonziee' to feature free food, live entertainment on April 26

58684826_10155960341336898_5522666350188691456_o
Maroonziee will take place from 12:30-3 p.m. on April 26. (Courtesy Photo | CMU Program Board Facebook page)

Warriner Mall will be filled with live entertainment, food, inflatables and more at Maroonziee from 12:30-3 p.m. on Friday, April 26.

The annual event will feature an array of carnival food, including mini corn dogs, chicken tenders, ice cream, cotton candy, cookies, snow cones and more. The food will be available on a first come, first serve basis.

The event is hosted by the Central Michigan University Program Board and sponsored by the Office of Student Activities and Involvement. Maroonziee is the last event Program Board will host for the 2018-19 school year.

“There will be performances from CODA (with CMU alumnus Aaron Johnson) and JIIM,” said Bad Axe senior Galen Miller, Program Board's president. “Additionally, there will be performances from other student groups here on campus.”

Maroonziee is free and open to all CMU students and community members.

“Students should attend this event to get away from the stress that comes right before finals week,” Miller said. “It is a great way to relieve stress and connect with students right before the summer.”

If it rains, the event will be moved to Finch Fieldhouse and announcements will be posted on the Program Board social media accounts: "CMU Program Board" on Facebook and @CMUProgramBoard on Twitter.