Provost candidates to visit CMU next week

19293_logot

Three finalists in the search for Central Michigan University's next provost will be on campus next week.

According to University Communications, the candidates will visit with students and faculty at open forums on Monday, April 22, Wednesday, April 24 and Friday, April 26.

Monday's visit will include Farshad Fotouhi, a provost candidate, who is currently the dean of College of Engineering at Wayne State University. His forum will take place from 3-4:30 p.m. in the Charles V. Park Library Baber Room.

Wayne Raskind will be on campus Wednesday, with his forum taking place from 10-11:30 a.m. in the Bovee University Center Auditorium. Raskind is the associate provost for special programs at Wayne State University. 

On Friday, candidate Mary Schutten will have an open forum from 2-3:30 in the Park Library Baber Room. Schutten is a professor of kinesiology at San Jose State University in San Jose, California.

Anyone unable to attend the forums can watch the livestream and submit questions on the provost search website.

If anyone has job-related feedback they can complete a candidate evaluation form at the forum, submit comments via email at provostsearch@cmich.edu or use an online form on the search website to submit anonymously. 

Current Executive Vice President and Provost Michael Gealt announced his decision to step down in December after five years with the university. His resignation will become effective June 30, 2019, and he will continue at CMU as provost emeritus through Dec. 31, 2019. 

About Emma Dale

Editor-in-Chief Emma Dale is a junior from Grand Haven double majoring in journalism and political ...

View Posts by Emma Dale →