Zavier Warren wins MAC Baseball Player of the Week

baseball43

Sophomore short stop Zavier Warren looks to hit the ball against GVSU on March 26 at Theunissen Stadium

Central Michigan shortstop Zavier Warren has been named the Mid-American Conference Baseball Player of the Week. 

The sophomore out of Southfield posted a .474 average this past week with two home runs, 10 RBIs and a .947 slugging percentage for the week. 

Warren started the week off great April 23 against Davenport with a season highs in hits with five and RBIs with 8. He also had his second grand slam of the season in a losing effort for CMU. 

Warren had a solid game April 28 as CMU looked to complete the first sweep against its rival Western Michigan since 2015. During the final game of the series he was 2-for-3 including a two run home run and drawing two walks as well. 

The Chippewa leadoff hitter has played well all season batting .389 to add to his seven home runs and 54 RBIs  and is a large piece of the offensive resurgence CMU has had under first year head coach Jordan Bischel. 

Warren will look to keep his hot streak going when the Chippewas travel to Bowling Green, Ohio to take on the Bowling Green Falcons May 3-5 for a three game series.  

The Chippewas are currently second in the MAC trailing Ball State by a half game. At this point in the season, every win is essential in the league title race.