Two Mount Pleasant metal bands set to go on tour in August

received_356903008316409
Courtesy Photo | Nagazi and From Blue to Gray Nagazi and From Blue to Gray are going on a multi-state tour in August, which will end with a "Homecoming" Aug. 17 at Rubbles Bar in Mount Pleasant.

Two Mount Pleasant metal bands will be capping off a multi-state tour in Mount Pleasant.

From Blue to Gray and Nagazi are touring through states like Colorado, Missouri, Tennessee and Indiana. Their tour starts Aug. 3 in Battle Creek and ends Aug. 17 in Mount Pleasant.

Their Mount Pleasant show is scheduled for 9 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 17 at Rubbles Bar. Tickets are $10 and the show is for people ages 21 and older.

From Blue to Gray is a progressive metal band, and Nagazi is a modern thrash band, according to the tour’s press release. Muskegon band Withhold the Blood will also perform at the Rubbles show.

From Blue to Gray guitarist Tim Drexler said the two bands have been discussing the idea of touring together for a few years.

“We were both planning to be out (on tour) at the same time and we were both having a hard time finding a band to go with us,” Drexler said. “We thought, 'what better time than now?'”

The tour will last 15 days. Drexler said both bands have toured out of state before, but each have towns around the country where one band draws more people than the other. 

Drexler said he loves playing Rubbles and it will feel like a homecoming after the tour.

“(Rubbles) is home base for us in every conceivable way you can imagine,” he said. “It feels like home and it’s the place we all like to go to the most.”