Hobby Lobby opens 27th Michigan location in Mount Pleasant

20190911-tori-02

Hobby Lobby sits Sept.11 at 2121 S Mission St. in Mount Pleasant. Hobby Lobby's grand opening was Sept. 16. 

Mount Pleasant’s Hobby Lobby had its grand opening Monday, Sept. 16. Before that, the closest store was 40 miles away in Saginaw.

With Halloween right around the corner, and Thanksgiving and Christmas not far behind, many people are getting ready to decorate their homes. Hobby Lobby sells everything from garlands, wreaths and other seasonal ornaments, to arts and crafts supplies for activities like knitting and baking. 

Community member Dana O'Neil said “There’s nothing about Hobby Lobby I don’t like. I was so excited when this opened.” O'Neil bought general fall decor, as well as Christmas decor.

Shara Duke, a member of Mount Pleasant Community Church, is part of a nonprofit called Kids Hope that helps at-risk children.

“We love arts and crafts,” Duke said. “Hobby Lobby helps our nonprofit get what we need. They have a heart for kids and we have a heart for kids, too. It’s amazing to be able to do special things for our kids that they typically don’t get to do.”

Hobby Lobby is located at 2121 S. Mission St. It is open Monday through Saturday from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. There are ongoing deals that will end this Saturday. More details can be found online or in store.