Absentee ballots offered for 2019 Mount Pleasant elections

20190909-tori-01

Mount Pleasant City Commission discusses a recreational marijuana ordinance Sept. 9 at City Hall. 

The City of Mount Pleasant will be offering absentee voting ballots for the city’s 2019 election on Nov. 5.

In a press release sent out by the city, it said registered voters will be able to request for absentee ballots due to Michigan voters passing a ballot proposal during the 2018 midterm elections. Registered voters must submit a form to request an absentee ballot by 5 p.m. on Nov. 1 at the City’s Clerk Office. The form can be found here.

Ballots can either be mailed or handed in ahead of time, according to the press release. Mail-in ballots can be mailed to either a voter’s home address or a temporary address, which must be mailed back by 8 p.m. election day to the clerk’s office.

In-person absentee ballot voting is available at the clerk’s office until Nov. 4 at 4 p.m. The press release also stated the clerk’s office will be open from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Saturday, Nov. 2 for voters to turn in ballots.

The press release also said voters can sign up to be a part of the permanent absentee voting list, which means if a voter signs up, they will receive an application for absentee ballots for every election. If a voter wants to be added to this list, or has any other questions regarding absentee voting, they should call (989) 779-5361.