Faculty and staff to hear from students with ADD and anxiety during panel discussion

0f4a3007

A group gathered for discussion of gender identity and how to implement safe environments ​​in classrooms and on campus with Director of LGBTQ Services Shannon Jolliff-Dettore on Oct. 10 in Charles V. Park Library.

Students with attention deficit disorder and anxiety are speaking with faculty, staff and administrators about their experiences during a panel discussion Wednesday.  

The panel discussion is scheduled for noon Oct. 2 in Charles V. Park Library Room 413. Those interested in attending should register with the Central Michigan University Office of Curriculum and Instructional Support. 

Part of the "Hearing Diverse Voices" panel series from the CMU Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning, The panel will include about four students with ADD and anxiety. Educational leadership faculty member Matt Johnson will facilitate the panel. 

Jeremy Bond, director of instructional development said this panel provides the opportunity for faculty to better understand their students.  

“I think it's very, very important we should all commit to knowing our student population," Bond said. "The better we know our students, the better chance we have of understanding our students and therefore creating living and learning environments that are supportive (and) that are conducive to success."

There will be a follow-up panel scheduled for noon, Wednesday, Oct. 9 in Park Library room 413.