Christmas Outreach registration opens Nov. 13

75233507_2168683340092741_8752467089467375616_n

Christmas Outreach at Finch Fieldhouse in 2018. (Courtesy Photo)

Isabella County residents in need will soon be able to sign up to receive help for the holiday season from Christmas Outreach of Isabella County starting Nov. 13.

Christmas Outreach is a non-profit organization that helps people by providing Christmas goods to those in need, said organization board woman Stephanie Ohms. People can receive these items through appointments at Finch Fieldhouse, which people can register for if they are an Isabella County resident.

Registration begins Nov. 13 at 8 a.m. by phone, Ohms said. The number to register is (989)-317-8733 and the time phones will be open for registering are:

· Nov. 13-15, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.

· Nov. 18-22, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.

· Nov. 25, 8 a.m. to noon.

Appointments are on Dec. 6-7, where items will be distributed. Some of the items given away are coats, hats, gloves, children’s books, Christmas decorations and household goods. Christmas Outreach will also be giving wooden toys made by Mount Pleasant Woodcrafters, but no other toys, Ohms said. The organization will not be giving out jeans and food this year.

The organization is also looking for both volunteers and donations of gently used or new items. People can find more information on volunteering and donating on the organization’s Facebook page

Christmas Outreach was started 40 years ago by the Immanuel Lutheran Church in Mount Pleasant and became its own non-profit organization around five years ago, Ohms said. Peggy Burke, president of Christmas Outreach, said people should volunteer because they find that there’s a “higher need” of assistance for residents during the holiday season.