Program Board's spring concert to feature Wale

wale

Program Board will be hosting Wale with a special guest, Social House, for its 2020 spring concert on April 24. Doors will open at 7 p.m., and the show will begin at 8 p.m. at the John G. Kulhavi Events Center.

Wale is an American rapper who has gained four platinum singles, three gold singles and two gold albums. Among his work, he has released songs such as Grammy Award-nominated platinum-selling "Lotus Flower Bomb" and "My PYT". 

He has also had two albums: "The Gifted" and "The Album About Nothing" reach #1 on the Billboard 200 back-to-back. 

His work recently has involved the release of his 2019 album, "Wow... That's Crazy." This album includes the single, "On Chill" featuring Jeremih. 

Musical duo Social House formed in 2015 and co-wrote tracks for artists like Ariana Grande and Meghan Trainor. 

The duo made its official debut in 2018 with the single, "Magic in the Hamptons." The group came out with the album, "Everything Changed..." in August 2019, which included the single "Boyfriend" featuring Ariana Grande. 

Program Board President and Taylor senior Madison Mariles believes Wale and Social House will bring a new type of music to campus that is different from years past. 

"We were looking for an artist that was different than the kind of music we've had before," Mariles said. "The last couple of (concerts) we've had a lot of pop music, and we had country and all of that, so we really wanted to switch that up a little."

Although Program Board was uncertain about the student body's reaction to this decision, Mariles says that Wale has been "well-received". 

Ultimately, Mariles is expecting this concert to be a "great experience on campus".

"I think it's going to be a memorable concert for a lot of people and we are really excited about bringing both Wale and Social House," Mariles said. "I think people are going to be really excited about it." 

Tickets will be available Monday, Feb. 10 online at cmich.edu/ticketcentral. Ticket prices vary depending on seating preference. Student prices are between $10 to $20, and for the public between $15 to $25.