Can't tie a necktie? Learn from President Bob Davies Thursday, Feb. 27

0f4a3388

CMU President Robert Davies greets the community during an ice cream social on Sept. 12, 2018 at Warriner Hall. 

All Central Michigan University students will have an opportunity to learn how to tie neckties from the university president himself. 

Davies is providing lessons from 6-7 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 27 in the Fabiano/Emmons/Woldt lobby.

The event is coordinated by First Impressions, a store in the Bovee University Center where students can receive one set of professional attire per semester. Properly tying neckties is an important skill when preparing for interviews or in any professional setting. Ties will be provided by First Impressions.

“Many of the students who come (to First Impressions) do not know how to tie the ties they are leaving with,” said Meredith Wiles, student director of First Impressions.

Either on the way back from dinner, the market or simply stopping by, any student can attend to learn from President Davies.

“I like the idea of many students learning something simple from the president, especially something so personal and useful,” Wiles said. “I could imagine students going out into the world and being able to tell others ‘the president of my university taught me how to tie ties.'”

For additional information about “Tying Ties with the President,” contact Wiles at wiles1mj@cmich.edu or First Impressions faculty director, Erica O’Toole at palen1ea@cmich.edu.