CRIME LOG: McDonalds calls MPPD for a suspected drunk drive-thru customer

shop-with-a-cop3273

A Mount Pleasant Police Department car sits outside Walmart on Dec. 12.

The following incidents were among those handled by Mount Pleasant Police Department March 13-27

March 13      

Officer Jeff Browne investigated a report of a child runaway at approximately 2:34 p.m. on Arnold St. Upon investigation, it was found that the parent knew where the child was, but the child did not want to come home. It was later agreed that the juvenile would stay with an older sibling until the parent and child could work things out.

March 16      

A 55-year-old Mt. Pleasant woman made a call to MPPD at 5:40 pm. claiming that her husband was holding a knife to her neck. Upon arrival it was found that the wife had in fact been the aggressor, the authorities said. The couple had been fighting about a grandchild, when things escalated the wife started throwing the husband's belongings out the back. The husband pushed his wife away to defend himself, and she started gouging at his neck. The reported knife had been used by the husband to butter his toast before the argument escalated. The police found the knife still by the sink upon arrival, and it was the only knife found on the scene. The husband was the only one with injuries. The woman was arrested for domestic assault.

March 17  

At 2:32 p.m., an officer pulled over a vehicle for its expired plates. The officer recognized the 21-year-old female passenger who had prior narcotics-related arrests, so she was placed in the back of the patrol car. The officer found a suspicious blanket covering something in the back seat of the vehicle, and upon further investigation, found several rifles in the back seat. The 22-year-old male driver claimed that they weren’t his, police said. Both the male driver and the female passenger were arrested for illegal transport of firearms.

March 19  

Several valuable items were reported stolen from an unlocked vehicle at 3:10 p.m. on East Broomfield Street. This case is still under investigation as the police are still working with the owner to determine everything that was stolen from the vehicle.

March 20

Larceny from a vehicle was reported at 1:14 pm. at 1100 block Fairfield Dr. Upon further investigation, it was found that a watch and a gold chain were stolen from an unlocked vehicle. The police have a suspect in custody and a confession to the crime.

March 21

An altercation between a girlfriend and a boyfriend took place at Sunnyside Park at 3:50 p.m. Upon arrival at the scene, the officer found the woman in her vehicle and the man was walking away from the car. Neither of them had any visible injuries and they declined any medical attention, authorities said. It was later found that the couple was fighting about the male texting another woman. Things escalated and the girlfriend pushed the boyfriend in the chest. This case was turned over to the prosecutor’s office for review.

March 22    

Police were informed of an anonymous tip that a suspicious vehicle was heading towards an apartment downtown at approximately 8:26 pm. An officer ran the plate given by the tip and it came up stolen. Police later found the vehicle parked outside an apartment downtown with no one in it. They then went up to the apartment and a 27-year-old female identified herself as the owner of the car. Police then made the arrest for the stolen plate. Upon further investigation of the car, officers found needles and a paper bindle that the owner said was heroin in her purse. When she was brought to jail, another needle with liquid residue was found in her pocket. She was arrested for Possession of Stolen Property, Possession of Fentanyl, and Smuggling Contraband into a Jail.

March 25

An officer was called by McDonald's at approximately 11:43 pm. because they suspected that a drive-thru customer was drunk as they could barely understand his speech. The officer eventually found the vehicle and started following them down Mission Street. The driver then failed to stop at a red light, and the cop pulled them over. The 21-year-old male driver failed his sobriety test, and registered a Blood Alcohol Content of 0.14, police said. The driver also admitted to smoking marijuana one hour before driving. He was then arrested and brought to Isabella County Jail.