Halftime BTN: Central Michigan 28, Eastern Michigan 17

austin-1
Senior offensive lineman J.P. Quinn lifts sophomore running back Jonathan Ward in celebration following a touchdown in the game against Eastern Michigan University on Nov. 8 in Kelly/Shorts Stadium.

In an effort to win the Michigan Mid-American Conference trophy, senior quarterback Shane Morris paced the Central Michigan football team with three touchdowns in the first half. 

At the break, CMU holds a 28-17 lead over Eastern Michigan at Kelly/Shorts Stadium. 

On the first offensive play of the game, CMU senior quarterback Shane Morris was hit by EMU's Maxx Crosby. The freshman forced the fumble, recovered it and scored to give the Eagles a 7-0 edge.

Junior linebacker Alex Briones picked off EMU quarterback Brogan Roback on EMU's first offensive play. The ensuing drive stalled for the Chippewas, as sophomore running back Jonathan Ward was stopped on fourth-and-one from the EMU six-yard line.

CMU's first scoring play was set up by a 43-yard bullet from Morris to Mark Chapman. 

With 4:45 left in the first quarter, the drive was capped off by a four-yard score from Morris to senior tight end Tyler Conklin to tie the game with EMU, 7-7. 

Ward made EMU pay with a 79-yard rushing score on the first play of CMU's fourth drive. He bounced to the right and saw green grass ahead for a 14-7 lead. 

EMU cut its deficit to four with a 38-yard field goal from sophomore Paulie Fricano with 12:35 left in the first half. 

CMU senior wide receiver Corey Willis scored his 20th career touchdown to give the Chippewas a 21-10 lead on a 12-yard pass from Morris.  

For the second time in two games, CMU cornerback Sean Bunting logged an interception. He picked off Roback to help set up a four-yard shovel pass score from Morris to Willis, putting CMU ahead by 18 points. 

Morris finished the first half 9-of-12 through the air for 141 yards and three touchdowns. 

The Eagles capped off the first half with a 22-yard rushing score from junior Shaq Vann. 

Passing Yards: CMU 141, EMU 42

Rushing yards: CMU 149, EMU 77

Total yards: CMU 290, EMU 119

First Downs: CMU 11, EMU 9

Turnovers: CMU 1, EMU 2

Penalties-yards: CMU 2-26, EMU 0-0

Highlight of the half: Willis scored two touchdowns in the first half against EMU, putting him one touchdown away from former CMU star Antonio Brown's touchdown total of 22. The first was a slant route and the second was a shovel pass reception.