Central Review live storytelling event submission deadline Feb. 28

19293_logot

Central Review, a literary journal at Central Michigan University, is still accepting submissions for its first-ever live storytelling event.

“Unwritten: An Evening of Crisis Stories Live on Stage” will take place at from 7-9 p.m. March 12 in the Bovee University Center Auditorium.

Marysville senior Delany Lemke, editor-in-chief of the Central Review, said the live event will have six to seven people perform at the event.

Central Review is accepting one-to-two minute shortened pitches of someone telling a true story about their life that involved crisis: identity crisis, a fight with someone — as long as it is non-fiction and about their own life. Submissions can be in video or audio format. The deadline is Feb. 28.

To send a submission, email it to cmucentralreview@gmail.com. Both students and faculty can submit work.

Central Review has already received a few submissions that have really good stories, Lemke said, but she still wants more people to apply.

Lemke said she would frequently listen to podcasts of people telling interesting stories about their life, which inspired her to create the event. The event will be similar to The Moth, an organization focused on live storytelling.

Even if someone doesn’t have a story to tell, Lemke encouraged students to get their friends and make sure to come on March 12.

About Emma Dale

Editor-in-Chief Emma Dale is a junior from Grand Haven double majoring in journalism and political ...

View Posts by Emma Dale →