Saginaw man facing six felony charges in the Bradley Trailer Park Homicide

screen-shot-2020-07-22-at-3-05-36-pm
Charles Reid sits for his arraignment via Zoom on July 22.

A Saginaw man accused of killing a man and wounding another on July 15 at Bradley Trailer Park pleaded not guilty to the six charges against him.

Charles Reid, 30, was arraigned by Judge Eric Janes at 3 p.m. on July 22 via Zoom due to the court's closure in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.

Reid was charged with:

• Homicide, open murder, felony, in the death of Chad Kuzma, which is punishable by up to a life sentence in prison,
  • Assault with the intent to commit murder, punishable by life of prison or any number of years
  •  Felony firearm due to allegedly carrying a firearm or pistol at the time he attempted or committed homicide, punishable by up to two years in prison
  • Weapons felony firearms, allegedly carried or had a fire arm, pistol at the time he committed or attempted to commit a felony of assault with intent to murder, punishable by up to two years 
  •  Felony firearm possession by a felon, alleged that he used a firearm when unable to due to a previous weapons felony that requirements have not been met, punishable by up to five years in prison and $5,000, mandatory forfeiture of weapon
  • Weapons firearm felony, alleged that he a firearm at the time he committed or attempted to commit the felony, punishable by up to two years

Mount Pleasant Police Officers found 33-year-old Chad Kuzma dead and a 25-year-old Mount Pleasant male injured by gun shot wounds.

The probable cause hearing is scheduled for July 30 at 8:15 a.m. and a preliminary exam Aug. 6 at 8:20 a.m. in the court room of Judge Sara Spencer-Noggle.