What's happening this week: June 15-20

metro

International Children's Books: Celebrating the Recent Gifts

The Exhibit "International Children's Books: Celebrating the Recent Gifts" will take be open 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday and 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday until August. 

The Clarke Historical Library features a extensive collection of children's literature from around the globe. The exhibit explores the perspective of award winning authors and illustrators. 

For more information on the exhibit contact Janet Danek at (989)774-2165.

Native Skywatchers: Educators and Community Workshop

The Ziibiwing Center will host the workshop "Native Skywatchers: Educators and Community Workshop," from 8 a.m to 5 p.m. on Thursday. 

The workshop will combine astronomy, cultural astronomy, educational-curriculum materials, language discussion and activities centered around artwork related to native star knowledge.

Authors of the Native Skywatchers curriculum will share stories of Ojibwe constellations, star maps, language, artwork and spirit painting. 

To register for this event or to get more information contact Angie Burdett at burde1a@cmich.edu. 

Max and Emily's Summer Concert Presents The Kruger Brothers

The Kruger Brothers, a bluegrass band, will be the first to performers of the summer to take the stage at the Max and Emily's Summer Concert Series at 7 p.m. Thursday on Broadway Street. 

Brothers Jen and Uwe Kruger are originally from Europe and formed a bluegrass band and teamed up with their bass player Joel Landsberg in 2002 when they officially moved to the U.S. 

Their music, according to their website, is a reflection of the diverse sounds of music that was present in their childhood. 

This event is free and open to the public.