Central Michigan football announces 2015 team captains

rush_md_01
Meagan Dullack | Photo Editor Sophomore quarterback Cooper Rush prepares to pass the ball during the Sept. 13 game against Syracuse.

The official leaders of the Central Michigan University football team were made public Friday evening. 

Team captains represent the school during the pre-game handshake and coin toss. 

Head Coach John Bonamego announced via Twitter that junior quarterback Cooper Rush, senior offensive lineman Nick Beamish and senior linebacker Tim Hamilton will serve as captains of the 2015 team, as voted on by their teammates. 

Rush started every game for CMU last season, threw 27 touchdowns and completed 63 percent of the passes he attempted including a bowl game-record seven touchdowns during the inaugural Popeyes Bahamas Bowl. 

Beamish, a center, was named to the Rimington Trophy Watch List in early July and has asserted himself as a leader on a veteran CMU offensive line. The Rimington Trophy is given to best center in the country each year and Beamish is one of 63 players to make the preseason list. 

Hamilton saw action in 13 games last season and made four starts. The Bloomfield Hills native made 37 tackles last year and replaces All-MAC selection and CMU's leading tackler last season Justin Cherocci. 

The Chippewas begin the season at 7 p.m. on Thursday, Sept. 3 at Kelly/Shorts Stadium against Oklahoma State. 

About Dominick Mastrangelo

Dominick Mastrangelo is the Editor in Chief of Central Michigan Life. Contact him at: editor@cm-life.com 

...

View Posts by Dominick Mastrangelo →