Braylon Edwards' younger brother commits to Central Michigan

logo

UPDATE: Berkley Edwards, who was a redshirt running back at Minnesota in 2015, has transferred to Central Michigan, according to scout.com and foxsports.com writer Allen Trieu.

A junior named Berkley Ramone Edwards is currently enrolled at Central Michigan according to cmich.edu.

Multiple reports surfaced in December that Berkley would be transferring to focus on track. He was a Michigan state champion in high school in the 100 and 200-meter dash.

Berkley played 10 games for the Golden Gophers at running back as a freshman in 2014, but only carried the ball five times in 2015. It is unclear whether he would focus on track or play football at CMU.

Wide receiver Bailey Edwards — the younger brother of Michigan standout and the third overall pick in the 2005 NFL Draft Braylon Edwards — will be taking his talents to Mount Pleasant.

The Chelsea native made the announcement via Twitter Saturday. Edwards' father also told 247Sports of his son's commitment. 

Edwards is listed as a three-star recruit according 247Sports. The 6-1.5, 177-pound wideout received offers from at least five other Mid-American Conference schools — including Bowling Green and Western Michigan — and Minnesota. 

(WATCH: Highlights from Bailey Edwards' senior season)

Edwards is CMU's highest-rated recruit and the 31st-highest recruit in the state according to 247Sports. His 40-yard dash time is under 4.5 seconds according to multiple sources.

Scout.com says his strengths are he's a downfield threat, has quickness off the line and has speed, but has to improve his route-running skills.

He had 47 catches for 630 yards and six receiving touchdowns for the Chelsea Bulldogs in 2015. Edwards helped his team to a 12-2 record and the MHSAA Division 3 State Championship Game before falling 29-12 to St. Mary Prep. 

About Taylor DesOrmeau

Taylor DesOrmeau is a senior at Central Michigan University, majoring in integrative public relations ...

View Posts by Taylor DesOrmeau →