Rapid Reaction: Central Michigan 194.775, Brigham Young 193.575

Sophomore Katy Clements performs on the balance beam Jan. 15, 2016 against Brigham Young at McGuirk Arena. She scored a career-high 9.825 on the beam.

The Central Michigan gymnastics team tied or beat season highs on three of the four events, as the Chippewas topped Brigham Young 194.775-193.575.

Freshman Kasey Janowicz won the all-around for the third straight meet with an overall score of a 39.0 in the four events.

Vault

Senior Karlee Teet led the vault group for CMU, scoring a 9.775. While all six Chippewas scored a 9.5 or higher, CMU trailed BYU 48.6 to 48.375 after the first rotation.

The 48.375 is tied for the highest vault score of the season for the Chippewas.

Uneven Bars

The Chippewas took the lead in the second rotation after scoring a 48.925 on the uneven bars while the Cougars put up a 48.575 on the vault.

Three Chippewas scored a 9.8 or higher, including senior Megan Lamphere's 9.875 — the highest individual score of the season for CMU and highest of Lamphere's career.

Balance Beam

CMU also tied a season-high on the balance beam, recording a 48.75 as all six gymnasts stayed on the beam. Sophomore Katy Clements' 9.825 topped the charts for the Chippewas.

CMU took a 146.05-145.175 lead in the third rotation.

Floor Routine

Senior Taylor Bolender scored CMU's first 9.9 of the season and was one of three Chippewas to score a 9.825 or higher on the floor routine. 

The other three gymnasts scored a 9.675, 9.45 and 8.7 — limiting the team to a 48.725 event score. BYU scored a 48.4 in its final rotation.

What's next

CMU begins its Mid-American Conference schedule at 8 p.m. next Friday at Northern Illinois. The Chippewas saw the Huskies twice last season, falling at home Feb. 6 before finishing ahead of NIU in the MAC Championships.

Stay with Central Michigan Life for more on Friday's meet

About Taylor DesOrmeau

Taylor DesOrmeau is a senior at Central Michigan University, majoring in integrative public relations ...

View Posts by Taylor DesOrmeau →