Moore Media Records to host sampler release concert

Three bands from Michigan will be featured on Moore Media Records' annual sampler CD. 

The CD will debut during a concert where the bands will perform at 10 p.m. April 2 at Hunter's Ale House.

The sampler CD, "Sonic Retribution," and release concert will showcase Virgo, Dead Rover and Air is the Arche. 

Each ticket purchased for the 21-and-older show will also include a copy of the nine-track CD. Presale tickets can be bought for $5 during business hours Monday through Friday in Moore Hall Room 315. Tickets can also be purchased at the door for $8.

"The creation of the CD and production of the show is 100 percent student-run," said Jack Cafretsas, a Tustin junior and member of Moore Media Records. "It's definitely something we're proud of."

Work began on the CD last year, Cafretsas said. The process of making the sampler included identifying bands, bringing them into the studio and recording with them and mixing all of the tracks, which were then sent to get mastered. The record company also found a graphic design student to create cover art for the CD and planned the release concert and promoted it on campus, he said.

Moore Media Records president Thibault Ruellan described the overall genre of the three bands on the sampler as alternative rock. 

"We've got some really great bands," said the Brighton senior. "I like the flow of the CD."

The tracks of the sampler were sent to Velvet Couch Studios to be mastered. The process of mastering and making the sampler cost about $1,200, Ruellan said. 

The project is funded through cover charge for concerts hosted by Moore Media Records, as well as when equipment like headphones and audio adaptors are purchased by students through the university in BCA 222: Audio Production.

About Kate Carlson

Editor-in-Chief Kate Carlson is a senior from Lapeer who is majoring in journalism with a minor in ...

View Posts by Kate Carlson →