Police Log: April 25- May 1

police

May 1

A 20-year-old woman reported her debit card was taken at Finch Fieldhouse. The woman said she set her bag down during the basketball game. Her purse, wallet and identification were still present, but her debit card had been removed. No suspect was identified.

Three windows were broken at Woldt Hall. Police believe the windows were broken with a slingshot due to several ball bearings found in the area. The damaged windows had an estimated combined value of $2,000. Police are still checking security footage to identify a suspect.

Three students were cited for minor in possession after police found them walking on the railroad tracks intoxicated. The suspects were two men, ages 18 and 19, and a 20-year-old woman.

Police were called to Merrill Hall after a verbal altercation occurred between two men, ages 19 and 20. Both individuals were intoxicated and received citations for minor in possession. 

April 30

A 21-year-old woman reported her cell phone was stolen at Charles V. Park Library. The victim left it behind on accident, and upon returning to find it, the cell phone was gone.

Police stopped a 19-year-old man near Northwest Apartments on suspicion he was intoxicated. The suspect received a citation for minor in possession.

Police responded to a hit-and-run outside the Student Activity Center. The victim, a 21-year-old man, was inside his car when another vehicle hit his and left the scene. The suspect, a 21-year-old woman, was identified and received a citation.

A 30-year-old man received a citation for open intoxicants at the intersection of Gaylord and University streets.

April 29

A damaged bike was reported outside Wheeler Hall. Police found a damaged microwave near the bike and an open window to a fifth floor study room. Police believe someone threw the microwave from the window, damaging the bike. No suspect was identified.

Student Disability Services reported a laptop missing. The incident is still under investigation. 

A 25-year-old man was pulled over after running a red light at the intersection of Broomfield and Mission streets.The man had a blood alcohol level of .11 and was arrested for operating under the influence.

April 27

The Information Technology Department reported to police that a computer turned in for repairs may have been stolen. The incident is still under investigation. 

A 19-year-old man was arrested via a warrant for drug delivery and manufacturing. During the arrest, police discovered more marijuana and drug paraphernalia.

April 26

A 20-year-old man was cited for a hit and run in parking lot 46. The suspect had hit a vehicle belonging to a 21-year-old woman and was seen by a witness driving away. 

A 22-year-old woman working for the Science Mathematics Technology Center was reported to the Office of Student Conduct for using department parking permits for her personal vehicle. Lt. Cameron Wassman of CMUPD said the permits are meant to be used for events such as conferences. 

April 25

Police were called to Troutman Hall after a woman reported receiving texts from her boyfriend indicating he was considering suicide. Police made contact with the 18-year-old man, who was already receiving counseling.