University Accredited though 2025 by higher learning commission

logo

Central Michigan University received accreditation Sept. 1 from the Higher Learning Commission.

The university received the highest possible marks in all evaluation areas. 

When a university is accredited, it ensures the highest standards of education and their courses will reflect such.

Claudia Douglass, vice provost for academic effectiveness and chair of the HLC Reaffirmation Leadership Team, said CMU will keep its accreditation through 2025. 

“We are very pleased the HLC has reaffirmed our accreditation,” Douglass said in a press release Thursday. “This is the result of collaboration among on and off-campus faculty and staff, professional organizations, community members, student organizations and the Academic Senate.” 

Accreditation occurs when the university meets 21 different criteria including academics, resources and infrastructure. A report was compiled after a team of site visitors from the commission spent time on campus in April and confirmed CMU’s ability to meet the Higher Learning Committee’s expectations.

“The entire campus community was involved in the review process, and we are proud CMU received the highest marks on all criteria,” said Provost Michael Gealt. “We sincerely appreciate the input and guidance from stakeholders across the institution.”

About Jordyn Hermani

Troy senior Jordyn Hermani, Editor-in-Chief of Central Michigan Life, is a double major ...

View Posts by Jordyn Hermani →