Mose Rison retires after 13 seasons with CMU football

portrait_md_01
Meagan Dullack | Photo Editor Wide receivers' coach Mose Rison speaks often to the 2014 Central Michigan University football team about something his time in Mount Pleasant taught him a great deal: Pride.

After 35 seasons of coaching, Central Michigan Assistant Head Coach and receivers coach Mose Rison has decided to retire, according to coachingsearch.com

Rison, 60, didn't make an official announcement, but his last day was New Year's Eve, according to CMU Athletics. 

The Flint native graduated from CMU in 1978, and was a member of the 1974 Division II National Championship team. 

Rison began his coaching career in 1981 with the Chippewas as their receivers and special teams coordinator, until 1988. 

He returned in 2012 to become the team's receivers coach, and was named assistant head coach shortly after head coach John Bonamego was hired. 

During his career, Rison had coaching stints with Navy, Rutgers, the New York Jets and the Arizona Cardinals among others.

He spent three seasons as the head coach of Football Subdivision team North Carolina Central, where he was 16-22 overall. 

Rison is the second CMU coach to retire this off season. Offensive coordinator Morris Watts retired after six seasons with the Chippewas. Running backs coach Gino Guidugli was promoted to offensive coordinator following Watts' retirement.