Former Michigan quarterback announces transfer to CMU

logo

Central Michigan football will reportedly add another quarterback to its roster for the 2017 season with the addition of former Michigan quarterback Shane Morris.

On Saturday afternoon, Morris announced on Twitter he is joining the program. He announced his plans to transfer from U-M last month. 

Morris will graduate from U-M in May and have one year of eligibility left after redshirting in 2015.

Morris will compete with returning quarterbacks Jake Johnson, Tommy Lazzaro and Tony Poljan to replace Cooper Rush, who graduated in December. 

The 6-foot-4 Warren native, played at Warren De La Salle High school and was an ESPN 300 prospect nationally his senior year. Morris committed to the Wolverines his sophomore year.

His former head coach at WDLS, Paul Verska, is the current director of high school relations for the CMU football team. 

Morris started three career games at Michigan and threw for 474 yards and four interceptions.

The Chippewas are likely to return all five of its starting offensive lineman, its top two wide receivers and three of its top four running backs from the 2016 season. 

Former CMU running back Thomas Rawls came from U-M in 2014. Rawls ran for 1,103 yards and 10 touchdowns that season.