Rapid Reaction: Notre Dame 8, CMU 3

Chippewas lose Clash at Comerica for second-straight season

After a five-run third inning, Notre Dame was able to take the lead and keep it against the Central Michigan baseball team in the annual Clash at Comerica.

With the 8-3 loss, CMU falls to 19-17 on the year, keeping an 8-1 record in the Mid-American Conference. This is CMU's second-straight loss, having loss to Western Michigan on Sunday, April 16.

Sophomore Michael Brettell started the game with two-straight scoreless innings, then went on to give up five runs off of six hits in the third inning. The first six batters reached base to start the third inning. Brettell recorded three strikeouts and three walks in three innings.

Jack Collins replaced Brettell at the start of the fourth inning. Collins gave up three runs off of three hits in the fourth inning. Collins pitched a clean three more innings until he was replaced by Zach Kohn in the eighth inning. 

Kohn finished the final two innings for the Chippewas. Kohn recorded four strikeouts in the final two innings.

CMU wasn't able to provide much run help for their pitchers today against the Fighting Irish. CMU loaded the bases in the ninth inning, but were only able to score two more run in the final inning.

The Chippewas have not been held scoreless yet this season. 

Up next, CMU travels to Bowling Green, Ohio to face MAC opponent Bowling Green in a three-game series. The first game is at 3:00 p.m. on Friday, April 21.