Lacrosse wins third straight

Sunday afternoon marked the Central Michigan lacrosse team's third straight victory.

The Chippewas defeated Howard 19-9 on the road to improve their record to 7-9 overall and 4-5 in the Atlantic Sun Conference.

CMU started off on the right foot with Emma Hamilton scoring two goals in the first minute of the game.

“Emma Hamilton played really confidently today,” said Head Coach Sara Tisdale. “Her and Tyra Prince are two quality offensive players really starting to peak at the right time.”

Central Michigan continued to roll over the Bison, scoring the first eight goals of the game.

The Chippewas rounded out the half exchanging three goals with Howard to give CMU an 11-3 at the break.

Jocelyne Lemay and Shannon Doyle opened the second half scoring with a goal apiece to give Central Michigan a commanding ten goal lead.

From there, the Chippewas coasted to victory while also getting some players valuable experience in the second half.

“We were able to improve on something things from the Delaware State game and we got a lot players in today,” said Tisdale.

Hamilton led the Chippewas with four goals. Lemay and Doyle each had three, Tyra Prince and Riley Huda tacked on two and Natalie Bloniarz, Logan Halverson, Sydney Wright, Jessica Schuchardt and Emily Kraus all scored one.

Hope Murray and Dominique Hamman split time in the cage combining for five saves.

Central Michigan will host Detroit-Mercy Friday, March 29 for its regular season finale. The game could potentially decide whether CMU qualifies for the Atlantic Sun tournament.