Keene to play with Washington's NBA Summer League team

Since Marcus Keene was not invited to the 2017 NBA combine, the sharp-shooting guard had to prove himself during individual pre-draft workouts with NBA teams. 

The Washington Wizards must have seen something from Keene during his pre-draft workout on June 6. ESPN's Chris Haynes tweeted that the country's leading scorer will play on Washington's Summer League team. 

Starting in two weeks, the NBA Summer League is a series of off-season competitions during which NBA teams come together to try out different summer rosters, according to the NBA website. 

A bulk 2017 draftees and undrafted rookies will be featured in the Summer League, including some familiar faces in Michigan's Zak Irvin and Derrick Walton Jr. 

This opportunity offers a chance for young players to interact with players and coaches around the league. Many notable NBA players have played in the Summer League like Portland's Damian Lillard, San Antonio's Jonathon Simmons and Detroit's Stanley Johnson. 

The Wizards haven't had any draft picks in the last two years, and their G-League team doesn't start playing until the 2018-19 season, so it may be hard to keep young players under contract unless they are signed to the Wizards official roster. 

Keene has the opportunity to earn himself a G-League or NBA contract from another team if they see something from him in Summer League play.