Vehicle damage, drunk driving among offenses reported to police in crime log
The following incidents were among those handled by the Central Michigan University Police Department and the Mount Pleasant Police Department from Sept. 11-16.
· A 20-year-old man came into the CMUPD office for court-ordered breath testing. Police determined he forged entries on his log sheet. The information was forwarded to Montcalm County.
· A 34-year-old Le Roy man was arrested after MPPD responded to a welfare check on the man and he led them on a chase. MPPD Officer Jeff Browne said the man was undressing himself in the Meijer parking lot and banging on his car. When officers arrived, he led them onto Old U.S. 127 and into a cornfield. After six hours, the man was found and arrested. He was arraigned in Isabella County Court on Monday, Browne said.
· A 21-year-old woman reported her vehicle was keyed at 430 S. Main St., said Lt. Cameron Wassman of the CMUPD, which assisted the MPPD in the city during the police chase. The woman reported her vehicle was keyed and the estimated damage was $750. Wassman said there were no suspects and it may have occurred between 12:30-11 a.m. Sept. 15.
· A 22-year-old woman had her red and silver mountain bike stolen at 511 S. Main St. Wassman said it is believed to have occurred Sept. 14 and it was registered. The value is about $400.
· A 28-year-old man reported a damage to vehicle complaint to the CMUPD. The incident occurred in lot 33, Wassman said. A suspect struck the hood of his vehicle with an object, causing a large dent. There is not video surveillance in the area, Wassman said. The estimated damage value is about $500 and there are no suspects.
· MPPD officers issued citations to a 22-year-old Beulah man, a 21-year-old Interlochen man, a 22-year-old Lake Ann man and a 21-year-old Dryden man for allowing a nuisance party. Browne said officers were dispatched for a loud party with music heard from more than 50 feet. People were sitting on large couches outside and police identified underage drinkers.
· Three 18-year-old men were caught with marijuana in Carey Hall. Residence Life staff observed the odor of marijuana and called CMUPD. The three men admitted to having marijuana in the room and police confiscated more than three grams of suspected marijuana. The incident was turned over to the Office of Student Conduct.
· MPPD officers investigated a report of a 26-year-old Traverse City man who lost his wallet. Browne said it has not yet been recovered.
· A 29-year-old Essexville man was lodged for trespassing. Browne said officers were summonsed to O’Kelly’s Bar & Grill after staff had repeatedly asked the man to leave. He was arrested for his refusal.
· A 20-year-old man was arrested for drunk driving. Wassman said an officer saw a vehicle head northbound on South Washington Street and made an improper stop at Ojibway Court. He was traveling at 41 miles per hour in a 25 mile per hour zone. He was arrested for operating under the influence of liquor or drugs and his vehicle was towed.
· An 18-year-old man was cited for a minor in possession and disorderly conduct. Wassman said CMUPD received a call stating a subject was acting disorderly on Broomfield Road near Herrig Hall. Wassman said the man tried to start a fight with some people and was determined to be intoxicated. He admitted to pushing somebody. He was arrested for minor in possession and disorderly conduct.
· A 21-year-old man had his car keyed in Lot 4. It occurred sometime between 6-8 p.m., Wassman said. No suspects have been identified and the estimated value damage is $1500.
· A 20-year-old woman reported an incident in Pearce Hall. It occurred around 4:50 p.m, Wassman said. An 18 year-old-man made a gesture at her while walking past her. She gave him a look and the man said he was sorry and bored. She found it to be odd and didn’t know who he was. Police located the man after reviewing video and told him it was unacceptable behavior. The incident was turned over to the Office of Student Conduct.
· A 43-year-old Mount Pleasant man was lodged for domestic assault. He punched a woman two times on different days, Browne said.
· A 21-year-old Lansing man was lodged for disorderly conduct. Browne said an officer noticed the man standing outside Stadium Mall on Mission Street. He was consuming an open container of alcohol.
· A 32-year-old Mount Pleasant man was arrested following a traffic stop. Browne said and police stopped a vehicle for drunk driving and an expired plate. Police tried to stop the car and it went a few blocks further. The man blew a BAC of 0.17. He was lodged for operating while intoxicated, driving with a suspended license, resisting an officer and transporting open intoxicants in a vehicle.