Shane Morris to prepare in Miami until 2018 Pro Day

fball-4
Senior quarterback Shane Morris is tackled following a pass during the game against Northern Illinois University on Nov. 24 at Kelly/Shorts Stadium.

Coming out of high school, Central Michigan quarterback Shane Morris was a four-star prospect who ranked No. 71 in the 2013 class and committed to the University of Michigan.

In 2018, things are different. 

Following three seasons at Michigan, Morris earned his degree and transferred to CMU for his final year of eligibility. Instead of starring as a Wolverine, Morris barely touched the field. 

Instead of giving up on his dream, Morris is hoping to extend his football career to the professional level. 

The quarterback will prepare for the 2018 Pro Day in Miami and will not return to Michigan until the event in March. 

During his senior season for the Chippewas, the 6-foot-3, 225-pound quarterback completed 249-of-446 passes for 3,237 yards. He threw for 27 touchdowns and 17 interceptions. 

Of the 32 players picked in the first round of the 2017 NFL Draft, 22 were either four or five-star recruits out of high school. Throughout the entirety of the draft, there were 76 four-star prospects of the 253 players drafted. 

Morris is looking to become one of the many expected former four-star athletes to be taken in the 2018 NFL Draft. 

The quarterback will be 1,500 miles away from Mount Pleasant, but will eventually return in March for the 2018 Pro Day.