Enos leaves Michigan for Alabama after six weeks

6229_enosf

Dan Enos 

Former Central Michigan football head coach Dan Enos’ tenure with Michigan was momentary. 

Six weeks to be exact. 

According to Yahoo Sports’ Pete Thamel, Enos has jumped from the Wolverines to Alabama. With the Cimson Tide, he will take over as the associate head coach and quarterbacks coach under head man Nick Saban. 

Enos was officially announced by Michigan on Jan. 8, but signed a contract on Dec. 15. 

The 49-year-old's old contract with Arkansas had a non-compete clause with other SEC schools, like Alabama, through Feb. 15, 2018. Going to Michigan for 17 days allowed Enos to avoid the agreement in his contract regarding other SEC schools.

Over his five-year career with CMU, Enos coached the football team to a 26-35 record, 18-22 Mid-American Conference record and a win in the 2012 Little Caesars Pizza Bowl. 

Enos was introduced as the head coach at CMU on Jan. 12, 2010. He struggled in his first two years, posting back-to-back 3-9 seasons. 

The following year, Enos led the Chippewas to an upset win on the road over Iowa and a trip to the 2012 Little Caesars Pizza Bowl, which the team defeated Western Kentucky.

After a loss in the 2014 Bahamas Bowl, Enos resigned as the head coach at CMU to take the position as the offensive coordinator at Arkansas. 

The Dearborn, Michigan native played four years of quarterback at Michigan State, helping his team to win the 1989 Aloha Bowl and 1990 John Hancock Bowl. He returned to his alma mater to coach quarterbacks and running backs from 2006-2009. 

Enos, throughout the entirety of his coaching career, has made stops at Michigan State, Lakeland, Southern Illinois, Missouri State, Western Michigan, North Dakota State, Cincinnati, Central Michigan, Arkansas and Michigan. His time at CMU was his only time as a head coach.