Four football seniors to play in All-Star Games

football
Senior defensive backs Josh Cox and Amari Coleman pose for a portrait on Sept. 20 at Kelly Shorts Stadium.

Almost all Central Michigan football players packed up their bags to head home following a Dec. 22 loss in the Famous Idaho Potato Bowl. 

Except for four seniors. 

Defensive end Joe Ostman, tight end Tyler Conklin, cornerback Amari Coleman and safety Josh Cox will compete in college all-star games in January. 

Ostman will play in the East-West Shrine Game on Jan. 20 at Tropicana Field in St. Petersburg, Fla. Conklin will play in the Senior Bowl on Jan. 27 at Ladd-Peebles Stadium in Birmingham, Ala. Coleman and Cox are slated to take the field for the NFL Players Association Collegiate Bowl on Jan. 20 at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena, Calif. 

During the 2017 season, Ostman a member of the First Team All-Mid-American Conference, registering 14 sacks, which led the nation. He finished his Chippewa career with 28 sacks, marking second in school history. 

In eight games, Conklin caught 35 passes for 504 yards and five touchdowns. He earned Third Team All-MAC honors. 

Cox, like Ostman, etched his name in the history books, pulling down six interceptions. His interception total for the 2017 season tied the second most in program history. 

For the second straight season, Coleman made the First Team All-MAC for his performance. He made three interceptions.