CMU tight ends coach Sherrone Moore departs for Michigan

Following a four-year stint in Mount Pleasant, Central Michigan assistant head coach, recruiting coordinator and tight ends coach Sherrone Moore is headed to the University of Michigan.

Moore will be an assistant coach to Jim Harbaugh in Ann Arbor, but his exact job title is unknown. He is expected to take over as the tight ends coach for the Wolverines. 

Greg Frey, Michigan's former tackles and tight ends coach, departed for Florida State early in January. 

Moore is listed in the University of Michigan directory, which further confirms his move from Mount Pleasant to Ann Arbor. 

CMU’s tight ends, led by senior Tyler Conklin, made 40 receptions for 547 yards and six touchdowns. Conklin logged 28 catches for 406 yards and five scores in the 2017 season. 

Before coming to Mount Pleasant, Moore coached five seasons at Louisville. He was a graduate assistant for three years and the tight ends coach for the final two years. During his time as the tight ends coach, the Cardinals went 23-3. 

Moore played two seasons at Oklahoma as an offensive lineman, earning 14 games played at offensive guard. He helped the Sooners win two Big 12 Conference championships and play in back-to-back BCS bowl games. Before his time at Oklahoma, Moore was a two-year starter at Butler County Community College. 

Former CMU head coach Dan Enos was hired by Michigan on Jan. 8 to join Harbaugh's offensive staff. Enos is currently listed as the wide receivers coach.

Moore was hired by Enos prior to the 2014 season at CMU. Following the 2014 season, Enos left the Chippewas for the offensive coordinator job at Arkansas. 

Earlier in December, Moore was selected to participate in the 35 Under 35 Coaches Leadership Institute. Michigan running backs coach Jay Harbaugh was also selected for the program.