Women's basketball hosts Buffalo in one of biggest MAC tests

img-0879-2

Junior guard Presley Hudson drives the ball down the court against Bowling Green University on Jan. 10 at McGuirk Arena.

As the only perfect team left in the Mid-American Conference, the Central Michigan women's basketball team is set to face their biggest conference test of the season as they host Buffalo at 7 p.m on Jan. 31 in McGuirk arena.

At 8-0 in the conference and 16-3 overall, the CMU is off to its best start to MAC play since the 2013-14 season and boast the only perfect record in the MAC.

Buffalo (16-3, 7-1) joins CMU by entering Wednesday's games as the only two MAC teams with less than three conference losses. Both the Chippewas (West) and the Bulls (East) were selected to win their divisions, according to the MAC Preseason poll.

CMU has won eight straight since shifting to conference play and Buffalo has won five straight after falling at Northern Illinois by two on Jan. 6.

Buffalo has seen some struggles on the road this season with a 6-3 record while being a perfect 10-0 at home. CMU hasn't lost a home conference game since February 20, 2016.

Wednesday's contest marks the last of the short two-game home stand before CMU goes on the road to face Eastern Michigan (9-11, 5-4) on Feb. 3 and Ohio (11-9, 5-4) on Feb. 7.