Women's basketball dominates Ohio, picks up second conference win

cmu-womens-bb-vs-ohio3567
Junior forward Reyna Frost secures the ball on Jan 3. at McGuirk Arena.

The Central Michigan women's basketball team picked up its second conference win against Ohio 82-58 in dominant fashion on Jan. 3 in McGuirk Arena.

For the second straight game, senior Tinara Moore and junior Reyna Frost both recorded double-doubles. Moore finished with 22 points and 16 rebounds while Frost had 10 points and 15 rebounds.

"Well, I'm happy we're 2-0 in the MAC," said head coach Sue Guevara. "This is a tough league that we play in and now we go on the road against a Miami team, but I get to enjoy this until about seven o'clock tomorrow morning."

Coming off a poor shooting performance at Ball State on Dec. 30, junior Presley Hudson recovered well against Ohio with 20 points off 8-for-14 shooting from the field and 4-for-6 from three-point range. 

Guevara expressed her satisfaction with Hudson's ability to bounce back and contribute in a big way on Wednesday night.

"It was nice to see Presley Hudson get out of her scoring slump that she's kind of been in, especially shooting the three ball," Guevara said. "I think you saw tonight her ability to score from the two as well as the three."

CMU dominated the Bobcats on the glass, out-rebounding Ohio 47-28, allowing for a staggering 24 second-chance points for the Chippewas. 

"That's extra possessions that we have," Guevara said. "That's the pursuit of the ball, and that's one thing I'm very grateful for, that we have people that are going to work their tails off to go get the rebound.

The win improves CMU's record to 10-3 overall and 2-0 in the MAC. CMU will travel to Miami January 6 for their fifth road game in the past six contests with tip off at 2 p.m.

"We had some goals (going in to Ohio) that I think we got," Hudson said. "We just got to keep it going."