Conklin thanks Central Michigan in Detroit Free Press 'draft diary'

fball-5

Senior tight end Tyler Conklin poses for a portrait on Oct. 11 at the Indoor Athletic Center.

Former student and Central Michigan football tight end Tyler Conklin is headed to the NFL Draft in April. 

Before that, he took some time to thank his former school and coaches in a "draft diary," published by Dave Birkett with the Detroit Free Press

"With the combine this week and my dream coming closer to reality, I have to say thank you to Central for my four years and multiple opportunities I had to expand my academic and football career," Conklin told Birkett. 

Conklin said he initially realized his dream of professional sports could become a reality when he made the transition from basketball to football after transferring to CMU from Northwood. 

"I am forever grateful to the coaches at Central Michigan for allowing me to walk-on four years ago and earn a scholarship to play the game I love," Conklin said. 

Conklin specifically thanked former CMU tight ends coach Sherrone Moore, who took another job at Michigan after the 2017 season. 

"Sherrone Moore, thank you for all you have done for me on and off the field," Conklin said. "I hope you continue to influence players and impact their lives the way you did mine."

See the full "draft diary" here