Comedian Brandon T. Jackson performs to full house Saturday at Plachta Auditorium

Saturday night comedian Brandon T. Jackson filled both the main floor and balcony of Central Michigan University's Warriner Hall's Plachta Auditorium.

Jackson is a stand-up comedian, rapper, actor and writer best known for his roles in several major motion pictures including "Tropic Thunder," "Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief" and "Big Mommas: Like Father, Like Son."

“We wanted to have something for Black History Month and then something more kid-friendly (during Siblings Weekend.)" said Steve Lewis, Allegan Senior and student assistant for the Office of Student Life.

Jackson’s stand-up ranged from topics such as family life to relationships and not having money.

“I liked how (Jackson) talked about being broke,” said Jackson freshman Queen Mack, “'cause, well, I am.”

Kasey Mcfarland, comedy chairperson for CMU Program Board, said the event was family-friendly.

“Anyone who attends the show is in for a truly spectacular evening," she said.

Afterward, Jackson opened up the floor to answer questions anyone in the audience had about working in the entertainment industry.

Jones made light of the media’s portrayal of overweight people and food in his stand-up routine.

“I enjoyed that he was more forward with being bigger and food in general.” said Bay City freshman Jaylyn Kerridge.

Josh Vietti, an opening act along with Dave Jones, started the show with a compilation of different songs ranging from classical to hip-hop and pop, nearly soliciting an encore from the audience that threated to delay the event.

Vietti started playing the violin as a street performer six years ago and has performed with the Los Angeles Ballet Academy and has recorded a track for Cee Lo Green since.

“I really enjoyed it,” Mack said. “I really loved the violinist and how he was more modern and not just classical.”

Vietti invited an audience member on stage with him to beat-box and join him in compiling an original freestyle piece. He also invited students on stage with him to dance as he performed covers of Michael Jackson and Beyonce on his violin.

Kerridge said she really enjoyed the entire show and felt the three performers complemented each other very well.

“I enjoyed how different it was." Kerridge said.