Baseball set to begin Fall World Series today

The baseball team will begin their annual Fall World Series with the first of seven games at 3:30 p.m. Friday inside Theunissen Stadium.

Rosters and rotations were set for the two intrasquad teams, the Gold and Maroon squads, chosen by the seniors last week.

The Gold squad will consist of four seniors and four juniors. Seniors Jordan Adams and Pat Kaminska will lead the team, along with juniors Noel Santos, Joe Ucho and Cody Leichman.

On the other side, the Maroon squad will be a much younger group consisting of three seniors and a junior. Seventeen of the 21 players on the team will be underclassmen.

Rick Dodridge will lead the Maroon pitching staff along with sophomore Sean Renzi.

CMU head coach Steve Jaksa said he is looking forward to the Fall World Series. He sees it as an opportunity for his team to improve and put learned skills to work in game situations.

“This is a good chance to evaluate what we see and work on things in practice that we saw in games … we can really start formulating some ideas on where our guys are at and work on some things,” Jaska said. "This gives us the opportunity to play with set lineups."

Both teams have named their starting pitchers for the opening weekend of the Fall World Series.

The Maroon squad will send out Renzi while the Gold team will counter with sophomore Jordan Foley in game one on Friday.

Ucho will start for the Gold team in Saturday's game two, while sophomore Matt Trowbridge will get the nod for the Maroon team.

Game three will be started by freshman Jimmy McNamara for the Maroon team Sunday, while sophomore Dylan Rheault will take the mound for the Gold team.

“I’m looking forward to watching the guys compete and seeing how they can handle performing in game type situations," Jaksa said. "I’m always looking for constant improvement and consistency, which will allow us to see who can do what."

CMU will play seven games during the annual Fall World Series. Game one will be seven innings of play and game two will consist of nine innings. Game three's length will be based on pitcher availability.

All games will be free, open to the public and held at Theunissen Stadium.

Fall World Series Schedule

Game 1 – Friday, 3:30 p.m.

Game 2 – Saturday, 12 p.m.

Game 3 – Sunday, 1 p.m.

Game 4 – Oct. 10, 2:45 p.m.

Game 5 – Oct. 13, 1 p.m.

Game 6 – Oct. 14, 1 p.m.

Game 7 – Oct. 16, 2:45 p.m.