Editorial: Thank you for reading CM Life, we resume print publication Jan. 11

2015_1205_studying_as_025_copy
Alanna Sparks | Staff Photographer

It has been a heck of a semester and as it wraps up, a major thank-you is in order.

The staff of Central Michigan Life have been pleased to bring you the up-to-the-second news regarding your campus and the community all semester long.

From the dynamic season our football team had to the death of a fellow student and friend on Halloween weekend, the Fall 2015 semester has had its ups and downs.

We were here for all of it. And as it turns out, you were there every step of the way, too.

You, the reader, helped us grow our online and social media audience to a level it has never reached before. Late in November, we gained our 20,000th Facebook like, making us one of the top five college newspapers in the country. 

We have nearly 3,500 Intsagram followers and Twitter has grown to 14,700 worldwide. These are some of the highest marks of any college newspaper in the country.

You read our stories, listened to our podcasts watched our videos and interacted with our content in ways your parents did not with their news. You’ve proven our generation cares about what is going on not just at home, but around the country and world.

We invite you to stay up to date with what is happening both on and off campus during the winter break on our social media platforms and our website cm-life.com.

Before heading home for the holidays, make sure you lock your doors and windows, pay all of your parking tickets, return your books and have one last slice of pizza at the Down Under Food Court. Enjoy the time with family and recharge. You’ve earned it.

The Class of 2015 will receive their degrees on Dec. 19. Congratulations to the seniors getting their degrees that day. You’ve just about made it.

If you know of something going on around campus or in your hometown that you think we might be interested in hearing about, shoot an e-mail to news@cm-life.com. Our staffers won’t know what to with their free time during the break and would love to hear from you.

As always, we are looking to grow our CM Life family next semester. You can apply over the break to be a staff reporter, photographer, graphic designer or advertising representative.

Most positions are paid and you don’t have to be a journalism or adversting major to work here. You can send application materials to our Editor-in-Chief Malachi Barrett at editor@cm-life.com.

From all of us on the fourth floor of Moore Hall, we hope you have a relaxing, safe holiday break and a healthy, happy new year.