New Venture Competition successful due to collaboration of campus, community

ltte

TO THE EDITOR:

The 2017 CMU New Venture Competition in now complete. As we enjoy the afterglow of another successful New Venture Competition, we would like to take this opportunity to thank all the people who contributed to making this event happen.

All who attended this event recognized the enormous group effort required to put together a successful event like New Venture. There were:

• 40 student volunteers who helped support the attendees and made the event run properly
  • Eight company sponsors that financially contributed to the event
  • 35 faculty and alumni mentors from around the university and across the country who guided competitor teams

Moreover, the CMU family rallied to enable the competition by:

• Allowing the New Venture Competition to use the Education Building and all its great facilities
  • Engaging all the Entrepreneurship Institute staff and Entrepreneurship Department in the planning and implementation of the NVC
  • Marshaling support of facilities services and the athletic department for the use of their beautiful facilities for our strolling reception and awards ceremony
  • Mobilizing the university events staff and IT support services staff
  • Drawing on the expertise of 65 judges from across the state and nation
  • Engaging a panel of seven extraordinarily successful entrepreneurs to share their story at the keynote luncheon panel

This event was truly an example of the spirit of collaboration that exists between all of CMU’s communities that make our campus special. Their collaboration enabled us to present one of Michigan’s premier university venture competitions!

Many thanks to all who helped make this happen.

BRUCE MARBLE

Executive Director

Central Michigan University
Isabella Bank Institute for Entrepreneurship