'Ladies' Night Out' to raise funds for local women's nonprofits

Ladies patiently wait in line on Nov. 11 in front of the Broadway Theater for the Ladies Night Out event.

The City of Mount Pleasant is hosting its annual "Ladies' Night Out" event at 4 p.m. on Nov. 16 at the Broadway Theatre.

The event is offering shopping opportunities and giveaways from local businesses for women, with the $5 entry proceeds going to the Women's Initiative and R.I.S.E. Advocacy.

Over the last 14 years, "Ladies' Night Out" has raised more than $25,000 for these two organizations in an effort to benefit local women. 

Housed by the Mount Pleasant Area Community Foundation, the Women's Initiative Fund provides grants toward services and programs for women and girls in Isabella County.

R.I.S.E. Advocacy, formally known as Women's Aide Service, provides support services for survivors of domestic violence and sexual assault. The organization offers an emergency shelter, counseling and crisis intervention. 

This event is an opportunity to celebrate womanhood, partake in deals, explore local businesses and support nonprofit organizations that help women. The first 400 women to arrive will be entered in a raffle to win prizes and gift certificates donated by downtown businesses.

After giveaways from "Ladies' Night Out" are distributed, attendees can visit participating downtown businesses to take advantage of in-store promotions.

The Facebook event page will also be updated with "Early Girl Specials" throughout the day, and you can visit it here for more information.