RPL 430 Class to present Tattoos and Tunes Event

tats-and-tunes

Courtesy photo.

On Nov. 16, tattoo artists and live musicians will come together for “Tattoos and Tunes,” a gathering organized by students in RPL 430, an event management class. The event will take place from 1-4 p.m. in the Bovee University Center, Terrace Room A. 

Junior Jenna Worthington is a student on the logistics team responsible for recruiting tattoo artists. 

“This is the first event on campus that has anything to do with tattoos,” Worthington said.

She said her group chose the “Tattoos and Tunes” event to support the arts and provide students with an opportunity to explore tattoo artistry.

“At the event (students) can meet with whichever tattoo artists they would like to,” Worthington said. “They can ask questions, book consultation appointments for the future, purchase any products like body jewelry or aftercare products.”

Worthington described the event as walk-through style, with Michigan based artists including Inkclusive Studio and Drunken Monkey. Local bands will provide live music, and attendees also have the option to receive an airbrush, henna or glitter tattoo.

“It's put on by CMU students for CMU students,"  Worthington said. "We're partnering with ArtReach of MidMichigan, so all profits from the event are going to be donated to keep arts in the community.”

In addition to enjoying live music and tattoo artists, students can also compete in trivia for the chance to win prizes. Complimentary snacks and drinks will also be provided. 

“For anyone that doesn't have a tattoo yet and wants to kind of get the process started, if they're interested in it but don't know where to start: It's going to be a great opportunity for them to talk with artists, meet other people who appreciate art, and it's just (going to be) be a very fun social event,” Worthington said.